Ok, so I’m a step-mom now. Totally mind blowing to say the least. I love kids, but this is my first time even being in a relationship with someone who already has kids, and it’s hard adjusting. See, my husband and I come from two completely different backgrounds, and it comes between us from time to time. I’m from a military-oriented family that was pretty strict. My husband comes from a family that was quite lenient.
Anyways, his daughter is 10 – going on 20. She thinks she’s the boss, literally. I’m not putting up with kids telling me no and what they’re going to do, not now, not ever. So of course, now I’m the ‘evil’ step mom. All I do is make her mind. I’m always trying to do stuff with her but every time I do she starts trying to manipulate us. (I didn't even know kids did this until their teens!) I’ll tell her no about something and then she’ll wait until my back is turned and she’ll talk her dad into saying yes. My husband is weak, most of the time he just gives in so she’ll quit begging about it. But see, she knows that he’s like that, so she takes advantage of it anytime I’m not around. My nerves are shot, I can’t get him to understand that if she’s gonna learn boundaries, he’s gotta quit giving in all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment